Kalamazoo County Early Middle College (EMC) is a rigorous five-year high school program, combining the best of the high school and early middle college experience. EMC is structured so that students gradually increase their exposure to college courses over a five-year span. By the time they reach the fifth year, all their coursework will be on-site at the college campus.
Students who consider EMC must be willing, motivated and up for the challenge to perform successfully at the college level. The end result is for students to graduate at the end of the fifth year with a high school diploma and a certificate or associate degree.
Students must be accepted into the EMC program before beginning the junior year of high school. The students' local school district pays the college tuition and fees up to an allocated amount, determines the number of openings, and makes the final decision as to which students are selected for participation.
- Be on track to complete all Michigan Merit graduation requirements by the end of their junior year (with the exception of English 12 and the final Math course).
Complete and submit the Early College application form. PRIOR TO COMPLETING THIS, COME PREPARED WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- High School Counselor's email address
- Name and email address of one teacher who will submit a recommendation on your behalf
- A minimum of two teacher's names and email addresses
- Application Essay (be ready to type it in during online application process or copy/paste) View Essay Guidelines